If your property is marked as "not visible on trivago" it means we've classified it as a private apartment. In August 2014 trivago began focusing on hotels, and so private apartments are no longer listed on the site. We consider your property a private apartment when one or more of the following conditions applies:
- Your property is a privately-owned apartment
- Your property doesn’t have a registered brand name
- You don’t provide hotel services such as a reception desk, housecleaning, or an on-site staff
- You request a deposit or cleaning fee
- Your property has three or fewer units in one building
If you believe your property has been mistakenly classified as a private apartment, please get in touch with the Hotel Relations team.